Innovative Ways of Community Culture and Palm Leaf Literature Survey in Lower Mekong River Basin
The research titled “Innovative Ways of Community Culture and Palm Leaf Literature Survey in Lower Mekong River Basin” has five objectives as follows: 1) To study and explore palm leaf literature. 2) conservation process and palm leaf scriptures and explore palm leaf literature. 3) to oversee the content of important palm leaf literature. 4) To analyze the benefits of palm leaf literature that are important to the community. And 5) to create a network of communities to preserve palm leaf literature. This study was conducted in the lower Mekong provinces of Thailand. This research is a combination of both documentary research, qualitative research, and participatory networking action research as follows: T
- Mekong literature survey, important palm leaf literature data were found in two provinces: (1) Amnat Charoen Province, Ban Non-Du Temple, Sang Nok Tha Subdistrict, Mueang Amnat District and (2) Ubon Ratchathani Province, Mani Wanaram Temple, Mueang District, Ubon Ratchathani Province. The important literature found 423set, Buddhist literature 393set, general 30set, 382 Isan characters recorded, and 41 Khmer texts recorded.
- Conservation process and palm leaf scriptures and survey palm leaf literature at communities that have an established system of conservation of palm leaf scriptures, there are 2 communities, 1 in each province. The process of conservation of palm leaf scriptures consisted of a seven-step conservation process, namely 1) the process of searching and educating. 2) The process of developing conservation activities. 3) Conservation operation process. 4) Engagement building process. 5) knowledge development process. 6) The process of building a learning center. And 7) public outreach process.
- Overseeing the content of important Mekong literature in the upper Mekong provinces of Thailand is a study and collection of information from communities that have a well-established, popular, and highly influential system of palm leaf conservation. Most of all, the literature on the story of Siew Sa Wasdi, which has more than that, has been selected and taken as an example as follows; Siew Sa Wasdi has teaching content that intersects various teachings, discusses the cruelty of the King's ears, the tricks of the people, the judgment of fair and unfair cases. Siew Sa Wasdi is a protagonist who can teach the townspeople, who has the ethics of good rulers, bad rulers, important structures which are elements of the city, moral principles.
- The benefits of palm leaf literature that are important to the community There is a system of conservation of palm leaf scriptures that are accepted and that they can analyze the benefits of palm leaf literature important to the community in 5 aspects, namely: 1) way of life, 2) cultural traditions, 3) arts and architecture, 4) economic, and 5) environment.
5. The results of creating a network of palm leaf literature conservation communities in the Lower Mekong River Basin provinces have been applied to a participatory action package to create a leaf palm literature conservation community network with a participatory process. by choosing a community where palm leaf literature is preserved Organize one per municipality to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for a creative network of palm leaf literature conservation, There is a community development that preserves palm leaf literature in each province to be a model at the level of one prefecture, together with 2 provinces which have developed the community towards conservation of palm leaf literature as a model community for preserving palm leaf literature for 1 community.